Coaching Leadership Gamified Combat Simulation Curriculum
For today’s rapid development of the Internet economy, we need to understand and apply enterprise coaching techniques faster and better to activate individuals and organizations in the face of complex and changeable problems without existing experience for reference. As a leadership in the new era, coaching techniques have excellent effects in helping subordinates or teams establish vision and the management ideas and strategies for achieving goals. For enterprise transformation, inaction of some managers, constant conflicts within the team and other conditions, companies’ inviting professional corporate coach or developing coaching leadership is one of the important channels to improve enterprise performance.
Teams can improve enterprise performance, teamwork efficiency, job satisfaction, work effectiveness, employee engagement and improve the relationship with superiors via coaching techniques. Individuals can improve their leadership, self-perception, job performance, organizational skills, and ability to manage conflict at work, and improve communication skills via coaching techniques. Coaching leadership can not only help enterprises cope with management difficulties, but also bring great benefits to teams and individuals, driving the improvement of performance. Therefore, it is necessary and significant to develop coaching leadership.
First time managers
Middle level managers
● Certificated senior soft skills trainer by IRCES (International Register of Certified Educational Services);
● Certificated soft skills trainer by Schouten Netherlands; Cooperative trainer of Consultus company (Sweden);
● Certificated trainer by HROutfitter (US), TMA (UK), AMA (USA) successively;
● Served for China Petro, FESCO, Canon China, Schouten China, AMA successively;
● Assigned trainer of HP, Shell, BMW, Canon, Panasonic, TOYOTA, etc.;
● Assigned trainer of Beijing Olympic Committee, 2008.
● Graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago with Diploma of Master of Business Administration.
Unit 1: Coaching Online Simulation
- Warming-up and curriculum introduction
- Performance goal setting and performance coaching
- SWOTAF & KPI
- Coaching v. s. Directing & possible obstacles
- Brief introduction of GROW model
- Coaching online simulation
- Analysis of trainees’ simulation report
Unit 2: Coaching Significance and Philosophy
- Origin, definition and significance of coaching
- Characteristics and demands of the new generation of employees
- Core values of coaching (3P model)
Unit 3: Core Coaching Skills
- Questions: open and closed questions
- Task-oriented and relationship-oriented questions
- GROW model
- GROW drill: employee coaching
- Q&A and summary
- To learn about and master coaching technique and significantly improve the leadership and effectiveness of managers;
- To guide team members to break dated habitual pattern and help themselves and others define goals, clear distractions, and take actions to release the managers’ influence; and
- To learn about the SMART principles of goals and experience the incentive effects of coaching on team members.
- The “training + situational simulation” experiential learning mode is applied. “Training” enables participants to learn the knowledge and skills of coaching techniques; while “situational simulation” selects cases close to trainees’ daily life and working environment to make the curriculum more vivid and effective.
- Trainees can build deep trust with team members through simulated conversations, master skills to enhance team members’ willingness and motivation, practice how to stimulate enthusiasm and creativity, and arouse team members’ internal driving force and commitment.
- In the VUCA era, employees’ performance, engagement and retention can be improved through coaching; the organization can be activated and a positive and efficient team and organizational culture can be established by simulating leader coaching activities to improve the ability of leaders to motivate employees to solve problems by themselves.